Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Update

Today we had an all VDL meeting. Basically it was to tell us that there are going to be some layoffs, so be supportive of the people who's positions are being eliminated. I was called into the office yesterday to talk to the director and a HR liaison. I am not being laid-off, but they can offer my position to people who are being laid-off since they have seniority. Once someone is notified, they are told their options, then have five days to decide what they want to do. If they decide to "bump", they go to the next person and do the same thing. Once the chain has been decided, everyone is notified and those involved have twenty days once notified before the changes take place. It could take several months before anything happens. Yay, fun for me. In the meantime, I just get to sit and wait.

1 comment: