Sunday, December 12, 2010

Snow Fall

It has been quite the weekend in Ames. I'm really glad it was my weekend off of work! It started pretty warm on Friday (in the mid-40s) and sunny. Saturday morning we woke to it actually snowing. It had stopped around 10ish, so Jason and I decided to go shopping for some maternity work pants. (I can only wear certain material and certain colors, which of course I can't find both in a pair of pants that will fit.) On our way to Target, the roads were very icy. It's days like that I'm thankful that Jason works for CyRide and knows how to handle situations like that. We made it to and from the store all right. It did start to get very windy in the early afternoon and it started to snow again around six. Wouldn't you know that it was a blizzard outside and everytime the wind would rattle the windows, Zara would wake up all wide-eyed. We spent most of the day indoors and finally put up our Christmas decorations. We have our tree up, but nothing on it yet. We're still waiting to see if we'll wake up to pieces on the floor and a "innocent" looking kitty.
The snow apparently stopped around three this morning, but the wind was still blowing until about one. Jason is snowblowing the driveway and it is very sunny out. I worked on a few of my projects and feel good about how much I've gotten done. I'm not finished with all of them, but I feel a lot better spending some time on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment