The fourth of July was somewhat uneventful for us. Jason worked in the morning, and I woke up with a major headache. I took some stuff to help it and went back to bed, meanwhile it rained all morning and well into the afternoon. When it had stopped raining, we grilled Iowa chops and zucchini packets on the grill as well as hot dogs for Matt. We played games until 2 in the morning. (We completely missed the fireworks, but could see the traffic for a couple of hours to get out of town.)
While I was sleeping, Zara had brought down one of her mousies and put it by my hand. She laid down and batted at it for awhile before I realized it was there. I don't think she liked that we slept in until 10, but we were really tired. But, all in all, it wasn't a bad holiday. It's sunny today and still cool. Not July weather at all, but we'll take it.
No comments:
Post a Comment