Today was my last official day in Chem/Tox. The group of us (including Allison who was also Chem/Tox) went to lunch to "celebrate" my last day. They gave me a very nice card and I made plans with Lisa and Ray to tailgate with them at the football game Thursday. It was an all right day.
I have been working in Racing and they have been very nice. They gave me a hard time about being the new person and needing to bring treats on my first day, and for the weekly meeting. I did go to their weekly meeting this week and there were a few dips from the resident Tastefully Simple rep, cake, and homemade egg rolls. I don't think I can live up to that. They'll have to do with some cookies. During the meeting they did take a vote as to whether or not to pursue this big contract they were working on. They decided not to, for several legitimate reasons. Of course when they voted against it, they basically sealed my fate as having a job until January. (The director told me if they didn't get this contract, the job would be done in January.) Several people have told me that Racing will be able to keep the position so I shouldn't worry about it. But still...there's no guarantee. So once again, it was a very emotional week.
On a funnier note, I got a phone call from Jason on Wednesday. He's trying to explain to me why we should take Zara to the vet while he's trying not to laugh. A few days before, Jason caught Zara eating some yarn. Apparently when he went home for lunch that day, she was trying to pass it. He was laughing because she was dragging her butt along the floor while scooting herself with her front paws. He said it was the funniest thing ever. (She did pass the yarn and she's feeling much better now.) I'm glad we got her, if for nothing else, the cheap entertainment.
No comments:
Post a Comment