I made it through my first week at food service. It wasn't so bad, except it was really hot, and I ate way too much food! It's so hard to say "no" to some of it. Like Snickers cake. Who can say "no" to that? The people are good to work with, and the students who worked this week were excellent.
As a "reward", Jamie, Ben, Jasper and Mason came up to visit us today. Jason took us on a bus ride, then we had lunch at the Mongolian Buffet. Jasper, Mason and I played Chutes and Ladders, which Jamie won. Then we spent some time at the new Aquatic Center. It was pretty crowded, but there weren't too many long lines. The boys had a great time, and the adults were even able to go down a couple of the water slides. They left for Des Moines again after we got back so they could get ready for the ICubs game. I think Zara was happy the boys left. She's not used to all of that energy!
Hope you guys had fun! We did! That's for your hospitality! Hope to see you again soon! Love you!
ReplyDeleteJamie