I know I haven't been blogging very consistently this summer. This past week, life definitely got in the way.
It was my last week at the lab for the summer. I start back at food service on Monday. It was a very frustrating week for me. The person who bumped me had their proficiency test and didn't pass. And kept making mistakes all week that I pretty much had to fix. It was extremely frustrating to be fixing mistakes of someone who has had almost six times the length of training you had. (I had two and a half weeks, they have had three months.) And they still have my job, the lab is still trying to show that this person needs to be let go. And this person keeps saying how many days I had left to work and how much the lab would miss me. Needless to say, I was very heartbroken about leaving, and upset by the comments this person kept saying to me.
I came home and cried, and Jason made me feel better. He has really been wonderful through this whole thing. He makes me laugh and puts up with all of moods. (They've been a little on the depressed side for the last few weeks.) I am still applying for jobs outside of Iowa State. The problem being that everyone seems to be looking for a job, and it's extremely difficult to get an interview. I keep praying that everything will work out, and I know they will.
For now, I will go and wash dishes at food service. I like the people I work with, it's not what I want to be doing. My food service supervisor is very supportive in me finding a different job. She understands that I do not want to make food service my career, especially since that isn't what I went to school for.
No comments:
Post a Comment