Monday, October 24, 2011
There's No Place Like Home
Jay and I made it home safely today. It was a three hour drive instead of a two and a half hour drive. I think that's pretty good! Jay slept most of the way and slept some more after we got home. I still have quite a bit to unpack, but little things make a difference. We are very lucky to have families that were willing to put us up for the time we were visiting. And for all of the things they are willing to help us with. Jason's family sent us home with some more baby things and some of their abundant food. My family sent us home with apple pie filling and apples. I'm sure they would have been more than happy to send tomatoes and peppers with us as well!
We had a wonderful time on our vacation, but it's nice to be home. Jason decided to come home early to spend some time with us. He doesn't work tomorrow so he'll have lots of time with us.
I'm not sure who Jay is looking at, but he has such a cute look on his face! He was extremely happy to see Jason. Jason played with Jay until supper was ready. I'm sure he's looking forward to some time with him. It's going to be a long week trying to get back to "normal" and trying to get some food processed.
Next week we take Jay to the urologist in Iowa City or his hypospadias consultation. I'm a little nervous about when they want to schedule Jay's surgery. I know Jay will be fine. Just keep him in your thoughts and prayers for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment