First, I would like to wish a belated happy anniversary to my mom and dad! It slipped my mind yesterday and I'm truly sorry!
I have started to practice with the churches bell and chancel choir. It's been really nice to have some adult time and know that Jay is being well taken care of. (I'm given a pager for emergencies.) It gives Jason some time to unwind before we get home. It's also nice being able to make music that isn't a kids song again.
We had Jay's consultation for his hypospadias surgery yesterday. We were told the procedure would be about three hours and we are able to be with him up until he goes into surgery. We were also told that he should be able to go home the same day, We will most likely spend the night before and night of in Iowa City. (Not our favorite place to be, but we'd rather be close.) They also told us that he will be able to ride in his car seat all right, but we may want to bring some extra padding, just in case. His surgery is scheduled for January 12th. We won't know what time until three days before.
On a different note, I've been pretty tired since we've come back from our "vacation". I'm not sure if I'm coming down with something, or if I'm just extra stressed from trying to catch back up. I know the last couple of nights have been awful sleeping between Jay's appointment and the extra caffeine. I'm sure that the extra hour of sleep this weekend, (just in time for my birthday) will help out. I'm also calling a friend of mine to see if she would be willing to watch Jay for a little while on Monday to try to get some housework done.
No comments:
Post a Comment