We've had quite a few firsts for Jay this past week.
Saturday was his first day without Mom and Dad. He stayed at Jason's parents while Jason and I went to Manchester to game with some friends. We left about 8am and got back around 11pm. I guess the only time he really cried was during/after his shower. Lucky for us, Ethan and Audrey were with him in the morning to play with. I'm sure that helped a lot. He slept for most of the night. He got up once to eat, then slept until around 8am. It was pretty nice!
Tuesday we went to the Iowa State women's basketball game. Jay did go with us and he had a pretty good time. The only time he cried was when I went to the bathroom, but that was only for a little bit. He had some ice cream from my Clone Cone and liked all the colors and lights. It definitely wore him out.
Jay and I went to Ash Wednesday service last night. I sang in the choir so Jay got to play in the nursery for most of the service. When I went to pick him up, he didn't really want to leave. A huge step forward in not wanting to be with me all the time! He got to be at the service for communion and the dismissal. It was a very nice service and I had wanted Jay to witness more of it, but there's always next year!
Jay also got to take a big boy bath last night. (That's right. He can take baths again!) He thought it was great fun. He could turn around, crawl, and try to play with our fish stickies. It'll be fun to watch him with a bubble bath.
No comments:
Post a Comment