Saturday, June 9, 2012
Crazy
It's been a long week at home. Jason is working a lot at his two jobs. There are some days, like today, where we don't get to see him very much. Then again, his hours help us with Baby Step 2, so hopefully all the extra hours won't last forever!
Jay has been having swimming lessons this week. He seems to be enjoying them, but wants in or out of the water. None of this sitting on the side and waiting for mommy to get in or out. We missed Thursday's session due to Jay having a fever. He is cutting four molars and they really started bothering him Wednesday. He had a fever when he woke up from his nap and continued on until Friday morning. We did take him to the doctor since it seemed his ears were bothering him. The doctor said his ears looked good and to keep up with the ibuprofen, Tylenol, teething tablets and teething chews. Unfortunately, Jay does not like taking medicine by syringe so it's been quite a bit of fighting for him to take the Tylenol or ibuprofen. He's doing a lot better today. He hasn't needed any medicine since yesterday, but I did give him some ibuprofen before bed, just in case. He does seem to have a case of heat rash around his lips. At least I hope it's heat rash. (We had a friend who used to be a nurse, tell us that's what it looked like.)
I have been trying to get stuff done around the house and swimming. The swimming is a lot of fun since I have a wriggly little boy to try to hold on to. With it being so hot out, our afternoon walks have disappeared until swimming lessons are over. I've battled migraine headaches at the end of the week due to insufficient sleep. Jay slept all night last night, so I'm feeling pretty good today. We did take a long walk this morning before the heat and I'm hoping to do the same tomorrow before church. I made some calzones for our freezer and am hoping to be able to make some more in the next week or so. Not easy to do when Jay wakes up part way through!
As you can see, it's pretty busy around here. No, Jay is not walking yet which I still have mixed feelings about. We'll have to see if things slow down next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment