Jay continues to walk around the house and in little bursts at other places. We went to the library today and he did quite a bit of walking. He still does a lot of crawling, especially when he wants to get somewhere fast. He's figured out how to open our plastic lid drawer and decided to get a bunch of lids out. Just more stuff for Mommy to put away, although we are trying to teach how to put things away now. It's just a really slow process.
Jay also had his first dentist appointment this week. Our dentist has a kids day where they have fun games and other projects to do. Jay did pretty well. He sat in the chair and let the bib be put on him. They showed him the toothbrush they use and he kept trying to grab at it. The dentist counted his teeth and looked at them with a mirror. She said they looked pretty good! He then got his face painted. He's such a ferocious tiger!
I also got a "vacation" from being at home. I worked at the state fair as a dairy clerk and had a wonderful time! The first day, Jay got to be with our friend Joyce while I worked. He was such a good boy for her. The rest of the week Jay spent some much needed time with Jason. The two of them did get to come to the fair Thursday and Friday for a while and I did get to spend some time with them. I have already agreed to work at the fair again next year and am really looking forward to it.
Jay and I are going to the fair again tomorrow (we're both free) with some friends of ours. I found out that there isn't a lot of fair food that is toddler friendly, but have found a few things he would enjoy once I looked at the state fair website. I also found some things that aren't so bad for me to eat either. I'm also picking up our bountiful baskets which I'm looking forward too. I can't wait to see what produce we're getting this week!

No comments:
Post a Comment