Just me and the little man for the majority of the day today. We slept in some and had snuggles on the couch. We did some grocery shopping and headed down to Des Moines. We stopped at Miss Tabitha's new house to say hello and show off our Halloween costume. We stayed for a little bit, but felt like we were more in the way than anything. Jay did get to play outside for a little bit.
After leaving the house, Jay and I had lunch at McDonald's. (Not the healthiest choice, but fairly quick and I know the menu really well and had decided what to get before we went in.) Jay ate all of his kid's meal even with all the distraction of the other kids running around the Play Place.
From McDonald's we drove for a surprise visit to Grandma and Grandpa Peterson's. Jay showed up in his costume to Trick or Treat. We spent the afternoon with them and Jay did everything in his power to stay awake and not take a nap. Of course he fell asleep on the way home.
We had a pretty good week. I had a consult for my ganglion cyst on Tuesday. What it came down to was I should have surgery since it causes me pain. I would be in a splint for about a week, then a follow-up and starting normal use. It's up to us when to have the surgery and the doctor said it's possible it could go away on it's own.
Since it doesn't bother me too much at work, mostly at home, we decided to give it a few weeks to see if it would go away. Most likely, I'll have the surgery sometime after Thanksgiving. It causes me quite a bit of pain when I hold/carry Jay around or twist my wrist too much. It's not unbearable pain, but it's possible it could just get worse and cause more pain.
For now, we just keep getting up and enjoying everyday. We're hoping the weather will make up it's mind and settle into one season. There is still a runny nose (Jay's) and a lot of clothing being worn since it's hot, then cold, then warm, then cold, then hot again. We're ready for Halloween though and Thanksgiving isn't too far off!
No comments:
Post a Comment