In that time off, Jay and I visited Mom and Dad for a little more than a week. We visited Grandma and Grandpa Jacobs, a couple of my high school friends and Jay's cousins were up a couple of times. He had such a fun time with them!
In fact, here's Allegra talking to "Gampa Don". One of the times she was playing with that phone without Jay wanting to play with it too. There was also swimming, mooing at cows and car rides. We did stay in Olin for a few days, but Jay was fighting a cold/croup so he was a stink-butt the whole time. We got to help Grandpa John mow hay and I think Jay can't wait to be able to drive the tractor himself. There were so many levers and buttons!
I worked at the State fair again this year and had just as much fun as last year. The showing schedule was changed up this year giving us dairy clerks a little more down time. Luckily for me, I was allowed to leave early the one evening so I could take care of the sinus migraine I was getting. We did a family day the second Saturday of the fair. Jay and I went down the Giant Slide and despite his reluctance at first, Jay loved it! He wanted to go again. He'll have to wait until next year!
Jason has been busy since the students are back. He says it's almost impossible to get anywhere on campus with the increase of students this year.
Jay has been having a great time at daycare. He is really good there and is very helpful. He has some listening issues, not that it's a big surprise. He is two. His daycare provider has said he is very empathic when the other kids don't feel good and will go comfort them. He's also very good at giving hugs and has started giving kisses. He isn't really talking, but he does quite a few animal noises if you ask him to.
Now we are just waiting patiently for fall. I'm trying to get our clutter taken care of along with getting the house ready for winter. Hopefully I'll get to this blog a little more often now that I have a computer!
No comments:
Post a Comment