We attempted potty training with Jay and it lasted a day. He had a lot of accidents. In fact, he only used the potty once. The next morning I tried to put him on the potty and he freaked out. He started crying and throwing a tantrum so that was it for potty training. The reason we tried potty training was he keeps trying to take his diaper off, he'll smear poop all over and he likes to pull his penis out of his diaper which makes him wet the bed. I'm getting very tired of doing all of the laundry.
Jay is saying a few more words now. He does several animal noises and loves to blow kisses. He goes to see his doctor in October for a speech development check up. I don't know what will happen after that. Jay seems to not have any other developmental delays and is a typical two-year-old. He is becoming very independent and loves spending time with his friends at daycare. (He still goes once a week when I don't work and we're not on "vacation".)
I do work on Monday, but I'm not sure if I'm back for the season or if it's just for the day. It's always up in the air. Pretty soon I will be back on a more permanent basis, but still only a temporary employee. I've enjoyed my time at home and love that I was able to take Jay and visit family. I'm sure I'll be able to do that same thing again fairly soon!
Diapers put on backwards, jammies on backwards, help with the diaper taking off. Some times a surprise cold bath following the smearing also gets the point across -not that I've ever tried any of those. ;) Also, if you use cloth diapers, snaps instead of velcro often does the trick. Good luck!
ReplyDelete