Jason's friend Luc came to visit us and he was here from Wednesday to Saturday. He rode his motorcycle up from Atlanta, Georgia. Yes, Atlanta. On his Harley. He's very brave. We went out to eat at Old Chicago that night. Luc went and visited some friends in Des Moines on Thursday, while my friend, Bethany, came over and we started to put some fabric together for a quilt. Friday, Jason and Luc met some of my co-workers and me at Great Plains Sauce and Dough Company for lunch. This place has the best pizza in Ames. The crust is really thick and has lots of cheese. A lot of our friends who used to live in Ames insist that we go there when they visit. Jason and I are more than happy to oblige. Jason's friend, Dave, also came down on Friday on his motorcyle. The four of us and Matt went to Hickory Park for supper and I went to the bar with Luc, Dave and Matt afterwards to meet some more of Jason's band friends. (Jason had to work Saturday morning, so he didn't go with us.) We had a pretty good time.
Dave and Luc left fairly early Saturday morning to try and miss the rain. Apparently, it didn't happen and they got soaked partway to their destinations. Matt and I met up with my friend, Kim, and her son, Neil, on campus to watch the VEISHEA parade. We got to see the alumni band and drumline, which was the main reason we went. After the parade, we all walked to CyRide where Jason showed Neil the buses. Always a fun time.
This is Neil and me posing in one of the stands by Kildee hall. I'm a peanut and Neil is a sweet potato. We went back to campus to have lunch (Gyro's from the gyro guy are the best!), and we went out to Vet Med for all the fun activities out there. I also gave Matt and Jason a quick tour of the lab I work in. (Kim used to work there, so her and Neil had already seen it, but tagged along anyway.) Jason, Matt, and I met up with Pete, Mary, and Pat at Old Chicago shortly afterwards.
We did a lot of walking and dodging raindrops. It was a fun time, but it wore all of us out. I'm so glad that VEISHEA is only once a year.
No comments:
Post a Comment