Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Fun Weekend

Jason, Matt, and I successfully made it to Galena and back, despite the snow on Sunday. We had a wonderful time! We first made a side trip to Olin where we picked up the beef Kate and Blair had bought. We had dinner with Jason's parents, grandparents, his uncle Doug, Jen, Ethan, Mike, and Mike's dad John. (Isn't Ethan a cutie?) Unfortunately, Ethan got sick before the food came and Jen and him had to leave. He's feeling much better now! It was good to see all of them. It ended up being a late night by the time we stopped at Kate and Blair's, unpacked all the meat, and got checked into the hotel.
We saw my high school friend, Destiny (below on the right), and her family. We met at an Italian restaurant and had a good time catching up. The last time I had seen Destiny was when we graduated eleven years ago. It doesn't seem like that long, but it has been. Her family is wonderful and I'm so glad we got to meet them. There were a lot of pictures taken. Hopefully they'll be able to come visit us someday.
We spent a lot of our time gaming, which is always fun. (See the pictures of Matt and Jason below.) Matt and I did find some time Sunday morning to use the pool at the hotel. (Jason decided he was too tired to go.) The pool had an awesome water slide. Just getting out of the pool and climbing the stairs to get to the top of the water slide was exhausting, but so worth it. I have informed Blair and Kate that, although I love them very much, I'd rather stay with the water slide.
Zara did stay home, but a friend of mine from work, Lisa, stopped by to see her and give her antibiotics for her cold. (Thank you very much, Lisa!) Lisa said she loved that Zara purred while taking her medicine. Zara was very happy to see us when we got home.

1 comment:

  1. why does matt always pose the same way?


    is it the frosting corrupting his tender scalp?

    ReplyDelete