Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hospital: Day 2

So Jay was put on partially digested formula last night, which smelled horrible! He couldn't keep that down either so it was back to the Pedialyte. He slept most of the night, so when I fed him at 8:30 this morning, he couldn't keep the Pedialyte down either. They came and took some blood for an electrolyte count. The on-call pediatrician came in (Dr. Halbur) and we asked about acid reflux. She thought that was a good idea to try and treat for it. He is now on an antacid and getting diluted formula with rice cereal. The new food seems to slow down his eating a little bit, but has also helped with the vomiting, so far. They turned down his IV down so he would be more hungry. He falls asleep shortly after he eats, but when he wakes up again, he is hungry! He starts crying like we're starving him, which we are not.
We received a blanket upon our admission to the hospital from www.projectlinus.org. It is an organization that makes and donates blankets to the pediatrics wings to hospitals. His new blanket has monkeys on it, which look just like the monkeys on the blanket we brought with us. It a nice flannel blanket which covers both Jay and me when we're sitting in the recliner. (That's why I've been choosing monkey backgrounds!) I'm hoping to be able to return the favor by making some blankets for them as well. Of course, I need some time and to get other projects done first.
Thank you to everyone for your prayers! We're hoping to be able to go home tomorrow, but I'll keep everyone posted!

1 comment:

  1. thank you for letting us know what is happen. We are very concern. Love gpa & gma

    ReplyDelete