Sunday, August 14, 2011

More Visitors

Monday we were lucky to have Mom and Dad come visit us. We didn't do much when they got here Monday, but a lot of the stuff they had planned to do didn't work out either. One thing they did get to do was hold Jay. Tuesday we made a visit to Reiman Gardens and saw a lot of butterflies, flowers and other plants. Wednesday they headed down to Des Moines. They wore Jay out because he spent a lot of those days taking extra long naps.
Friday, Jason and I dropped Jay off with Grandma and Grandpa Peterson so we could go to the Iowa State fair. At the fair, I talked with some of the Brown Swiss people I knew, did some working exhibits, walked the barns, ate at the pork and beef tent and did a lot of walking. It ended up being a really nice day at the fair. A little overcast in the morning and fairly sunny in the afternoon and not supper hot or humid. Considering the 70% chance rain and the big front moving through Iowa that day, we were really lucky.
Jay had a good time with Grandma and Grandpa. They read books and sang. I guess they wore him out too since they said he napped a lot. I'm glad he was good for them and talked and smiled while he was there.
Saturday, Jason, Jay, our friend Adam and I went to visit our friend Tabitha since she wasn't able to go to the fair with us on Friday. She had one of her wisdom teeth pulled Friday afternoon. We grilled out for lunch and played some card and board games. We ended up getting home late, so we've been taking Sunday pretty easy. I think the most strenuous thing I've done so far is giving Jay a bath. And that's always more fun than work.

No comments:

Post a Comment