Sunday, August 7, 2011

Visitors

We've had quite a few visitors at our house since August has started. We started with our friend Jeff who is back from Spain. He stayed for the week to look for jobs and help us out watching Jay while I worked at food service. During his stay, Grandpa and Grandma Peterson as well as Cyndy and Laureli stopped on their way up to Minneapolis. They had a good time holding Jay and talking. They didn't get to stay very long, but it was fun having them here!
We also had some unwanted visitors. Monday I noticed we had ants on our counter. I thought I had taken care of them until I came home from work on Wednesday. They were on the counter, on the cutting board and on the stove. I had to move the stove out where there were lots of ants under the stove. I spent most of the night cleaning and trying to figure out where they were coming from. I had to spray under the stove. I went and bought some ant traps. The next morning, they were all over the cutting board again. Jason looked up an ant killer on-line. I thought I had finally gotten it under control until I went to throw away something this morning and saw one of the pizza boxes had fallen on the floor and there were ants all over again. Using the on-line killer, I think they have gone away from that area. I'm just waiting to see where the next ant attack will be. We have gone to making sure all the dishes get washed every night, no food substance is on the floor and any dishes that were used for anything sweet has been rinsed off enough to not attract the ants back. It's been a long process and I hope we might actually have taken care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment