Thursday, December 29, 2011

Home Sweet Home

My Mom came over to Olin on Sunday to pick Jay and me up to go back to their house. We had a great time with the Slaters and had a lot of fun playing with Ethan and Audrey. We're hoping to spend some time with them again soon!

Mom drove Jay and I back on Wednesday. She decided she was going to visit Grandma and Grandpa, making the extra stay for us a little easier. It was an eventful journey on the way home.

We stopped at Panera in Cedar Rapids. I took the opportunity to feed Jay some solid food and share some bread with him. As we were getting ready to leave, Jay started throwing up. Not spit up, throw up. Everything he had eaten (which wasn't very much) had started to come back up. After a quick clothing change for Jay and myself, we were back on the road.

With Jay not feeling well, I did a huge no-no and held him the rest of the way home. He threw up two more times before we got to our house. He did sleep for quite a bit of the journey. He had a few loose poopy diapers once we had been home for a while. I gave him some Pedialyte and he did eat some formula that he has kept down. He was his normal bouncy self and fighting sleep by 9:00. It took about two hours to calm him down enough to go back to sleep.

Of course, that's when I started throwing up. At this point, we're not sure if it's something we ate, or if we got whatever Jamie's family got, or if it's something else all together. Needless to say, Jason is going to have his hands full tomorrow if both of us are still sick. If I'm sick, he's staying home for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment