Monday, January 16, 2012

This and That

Saturday was a big day for me. I went to the rodeo in Des Moines with Matt and Tabitha. That's right, I had a night out without the boys. It was a lot of fun! Jason doesn't care for rodeos....or NASCAR.....or country, so Matt was always the person I would go with to events like that. Now that Matt is dating Tabitha, it's twice the fun! I ended up getting home a little before 11. Just in time for Jay to wake up for a snack.

Sunday all of us went to church and they had a reception in between services for babies born in late 2010 and all of 2011. We met a couple of people with younger kids, one was 20 days younger than Jay. It was fun to watch them pass toys back and forth.

Later Sunday night, Jason and I went to our second Financial Peace University class. We're learning quite a bit about saving money and a little more about ourselves in the process. We have also learned that Jay doesn't really like having any one but mommy put him to sleep. He ends up crying for our baby sitter when she tries to put him down.

For those that haven't heard, Jay's surgery for his hypospadias is Thursday, the 19th at 10am. We need to be at the hospital by 8:30 and Jay isn't allowed to eat after midnight and can only have 2 ounces of clear fluid before 8. Nothing after 8. It's going to be a long, heartbreaking morning not being able to feed him. As far as I know, we're being released that day. We don't know if we will be returning home, or going to Jason's parents afterwards.

I will keep everyone posted as events unfold! Keep him in your prayers Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the reminder. I have been thinking about but did not remember the date. I well be watching and praying for all of you. love gma

    ReplyDelete