Sunday, July 15, 2012

Comings and Goings

Today we said good-bye to our youth director at our church, Ellen. She has been at First United Methodist for 10 years. She was extremely nice to Jay and I and always made sure the nursery was staffed if we were going to need it. Jay and I also found out that whe lives only a few blocks away. Ellen is going to go overseas to teach, or at least that's what I was told. I'm not exactly sure what she's planning on doing, but we wish her the best and we'll keep her in our prayers!
Mom, Jamie and her kids came to visit Grandma and Grandpa in Des Moines. Jay and I went down to spend some time with everyone. Jay had a blast playing with all of his cousins, even if he didn't take any nap. They did wear him our really well though since he slept the whole way home and slept until 6pm. (We left around 4pm.)
Group pictures didn't go as well as we had hoped. For some reason, Allegra wanted nothing to do with anyone other than Jamie. Mason kept wanting to put bunny ears on people and Jay just wanted to climb the couch when we were behind it. Other than that snag, it was a good visit! Hopefully we'll be able to visit again soon! *I also forgot to mention that I won a drawing through Raising Readers of Story County. The prize is a backpack full of books! We'll be picking it up on Wednesday.*

No comments:

Post a Comment