- 6 bananas
- 1 pound strawberries
- 1 pineapple
- 3 pounds carrots
- 2 green peppers
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 2 bunches broccoli
- 2 zucchini
We saved about $6.00 doing the basket, and we were lucky with the fact I was going to Des Moines anyway. Obviously not very cost effective at this point, but hopefully more people will start using it so we will be able to receive more produce.
I was in Des Moines this weekend because my friend, Tabitha, and I decided to do a girl's night in. (We couldn't afford to really go anywhere, or a babysitter for the kids Jay, Zoe and Austin.) Since I was picking up our Bountiful Basket Saturday morning, Jay and I just went over to Tabitha's house after picking it up. Jay and I spent the day having a good time. We went to the mall with the kids to play at their play place. Tabitha made us a yummy chicken and rice casserole for supper (Jay loved it so much that he started eating out of Austin's bowl). After I put Jay down for bed, Zoe painted my finger and toe nails. She also painted Tabitha's toe nails. Right now, Zoe wants to be a cosmetologist, so we were more than happy to help her with that.
Once Zoe and Austin were in bed, Tabitha and I watched some Netflix while staying up late. I don't think I actually went to sleep until after 4am, which is when Jay decided to wake up. Jay woke up for the day around 8:40, so Sunday was a pretty long day for me. I let Zoe try to braid my hair, which didn't work real well because of my layered hair. Tabitha's dad made us breakfast, which was delicious.
Jay and I left Des Moines around noon so we could go home and get ready to go to a friend's house to game. Jay ended up getting pretty cranky, but that was to be expected. Once we got home, he went to bed shortly after. I didn't have the energy to do much else. Hopefully I'll get plenty of rest tonight and hit the ground running tomorrow morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment