Jason, Jay and I are very fortunate that we live so close to family. We are able to spend some time with both sides at Christmas! Jay gets to play with all of his cousins and Jason and I get to have some good, adult conversations. We were very fortunate that the weather was good and made travel easier.
I think our house is a little more in order than it was when we first got back. We have a lot of boxes to get rid of yet. I'm still looking for homes for a few things, but once I get rid of some more clutter, that shouldn't be a problem.
This weekend is jammed packed with visitors! Jason's parents are coming down today for our choir's cantata tomorrow. A friend from Texas is traveling through Iowa with her girls and would love to stop and see us. (Not to mention a shower and some home cooking!) Tomorrow, some friends of ours from Independence are coming out for the day. We're going to have a busy couple of days!
Jay has discovered how fun it is to stick food up his nose. It started with corn, then rice. I'm trying to make sure to feed him food that is too big for his nose now. It definitely changes things! Jay and I also went and bought "Cars 2" and he is just as enthralled with this movie as "Cars". The same people who made those two movies are coming out with a new one, "Planes" based on the planes from the movies. Jason and I are planning on taking Jay to see it in the theater!
I am planning to take a trip to eastern Iowa in January, with Jay in tow. We'll be leaving Ames the afternoon of the 13th and returning sometime the following week. There are several people that have requested a visit, and we're going to try to see everyone, but we'll see how things go.
Jason will no longer be working weekends come January 14th. He's been working weekends again for the last two years, so we're hoping that he'll get to stay off weekends. That will help him accumulate some vacation time instead of using all of it. He's very excited about it!
We hope everyone has a wonderful New Year! We'll be in Ames, celebrating at home and spending New Year's day with friends. We hope everyone will be able to be with loved ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment