I am recovering from my surgery. I no longer have a splint and get my stitches taken out on Wednesday. I am able to use my wrist as normal, as long as I don't overdo it. I'm sure I'll have a nice scar to show everyone!
We're patiently waiting for some snow. It did snow one night and Jay was amazed! We even got him to try catching the flakes with his tongue. He has a snowsuit so I'm hoping we'll get enough snow that he'll be able to use it. For now, he likes to put his mittens on and wave at traffic while in our driveway. (He tends to wave more at the cars than at people.)
I spent a couple of days making some goodies and we gave them to our friends. Jay was pretty good while I was making everything, sleeping the one day and staying fairly occupied the other. We don't have our Christmas decorations up. I can't get to where our decorations are, but we do have an advent calendar. (Thanks to Jason's mom for getting it for us!) It's really cute. It's a Christmas tree with snaps and each day is a different ornament. I think Jay will really like it next year. This year, he only wants to pull it off the wall. I also don't have any of our wrapping paper out seeing as it's with our Christmas decorations.
We're planning on spending Christmas eve in Miles and Christmas day in Olin. It's going to be an extremely short trip, but it'll be fun and filled with lots of family and love. And probably laughter! Currently, I'm planning on Jay and I spending about a week in Miles in January with a stop in Olin at some point. I should go back to my job in February and want to take a "vacation" before I end up working close to 50 hours a week.
I look forward to this holiday season as Jay is getting more and more curious about everything! We decided not to take him to see Santa because we're not sure how he'll react. We'll try to make sure we read the Christmas story and I'll see if I can't at least get out our Nativity.
No comments:
Post a Comment