Jay and I made the trip to Des Moines Friday night to go see the Ryan family. It took us about an hour and a half to get to the hotel. Luckily, Jay slept halfway. I spent some time talking with Cyndy and Eric while Jay decided to wrestle Kjetil. Jay had so much fun! We even got to go swimming. I think Jay's favorite part was checking everyone's hotel room out. He was very good about following me around the hotel to go to different places.
We shared a room with Jordan and her boyfriend, Andrew, and his dog, Sally. It was a long night since Jay was overly tired and overly excited about everything. It took several YouTube views of the "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" theme song to get him calm enough to lay down and go to sleep. He woke up around 4:30am, after finally going to sleep about 2am. He cried and cried, then started coughing this barking type cough. After discussion with Cyndy, it's most likely croup. The hotel room was very dry. I finally got Jay back to sleep about 5am after taking his jammies off, Jordan turning the heat down in the room, watching some Disney Junior and finally getting him to drink some water. Of course I had to wake him up to get him ready to go so we could check out on time.
Jay and I did not get to stay for the family party. Dad wasn't feeling well with his cold, so the three of us came back up to Ames. And since Mom and Jordan didn't take the pinwheels I made out of the Pacifica, those came back to Ames with us! Jay didn't take a nap when we got home, but he did end up going to bed at 6pm. So far, no coughing! (It's 7:30.) Mom and Dad left to go back to Miles since Dad has to work tomorrow. Jordan is nice enough to stay with us for the weekend to help watch Jay. (Maybe we'll even get all of our presents wrapped!)
No comments:
Post a Comment