This was a very busy weekend for us. Jason worked Saturday morning at CyRide, then came home and did a lot of yard work. He mowed, he weeded the roses, he cut down a small tree, he weeded the trellis, he cleaned gutters (with the help of Matt) and tried to fix his car (also with the help of Matt). Today he tried to rig up a door in our bedroom so Zara could enjoy the coolness of the basement. I visited my family and had a wonderful time. I talked with Grandma Rosie for a while, made bread with Mom, and tried to make a pie for Dad for father's day. (Pictures will come later. I'm using Jason's computer and it won't download pictures from the camera for some strange reason.)
We also found out that our air conditioning isn't working. For those of you who don't live in the Midwest, or have ever lived in the Midwest, air conditioning is somewhat essential. Not so much for the heat, but for the humidity. (Actual temperature in the upper 90's, but the heat index is well over 105. As I'm writing this at 9:45 pm, it's 84 degrees, feels like 92.) The repair man can't get to us until Friday morning. At least, during hours he can. They were more than happy to come out after hours and charge us extra!
The new thing our families are doing is Skype. It's been fun using a video phone, especially since we live far away from some of our family. Some of them are even in a different country. (Welcome to the family, Oliver!) I'm sure we'll use it more as time goes on.
Thanks for the pie. Love Dad
ReplyDelete