It's been an exciting week. At work, they are planning a retirement party for our department head. He retires on the 25th. He took all of us out for lunch on Tuesday to show his appreciation for the work that everyone has done. He has been gone on vacation for the last two days, so most everyone is scheming about what to do for the party. It's been a very whirlwind week with a lot of the "team" coming up with funny memories.
Tomorrow is also the Iowa/Iowa State game. Unfortunately, it's in Ames this year which means crazy stupid traffic from tonight until well after the game tomorrow. I try not to drive anywhere if I don't have to. Jason will work through the entire game and he even picked up an extra shift tonight to help out. (And the overtime doesn't hurt either!) He picked me up a prezzie while he was out this morning. He got me an Iowa State Tailgater hooded sweatshirt to wear for, obviously, tailgating. Except it's supposed to be 80 degrees tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get some use out of it during October and November!
No comments:
Post a Comment