Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

It's been a busy weekend. Friday I took a half day at work to go to the doctor for headaches. The doctor I saw thought it might be sinuses and agreed it was likely allergies. She gave me a prescription for Allegra D, so we'll see how it works. I'm still having some headaches, but the doctor thought I may have an underlying virus causing the headaches. If I'm still having them this weekend, I get to go back the following Monday.

Yesterday was Grandma and Grandpa Peterson's anniversary. Fifty-six years and still counting. Mom and Dad came down, so the four of us went to celebrate with them. Grandma and Grandpa had been eating all day since they went out for brunch and went to a friend's birthday party. They went out to eat with us mainly to keep us company. (Don't they look happy!)

Mom also had a project for me. She has a Toca (African drum) that she wanted a cover/carrying bag for. We found some fabric she liked and got some directions from one of the workers at the store for how to go about this project. We ended up going in again today to make sure we understood what we were doing. I got the bag part finished, but Mom has to add the drawstring and the strap herself. The bag was bigger than what it needed to be, but it left some room if she wanted to put extra cushioning in with her drum. I hadn't worked with flannel/fleece fabric before and I have to say, it's not my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment