Jason and I had quite the fun filled weekend. Friday night Jennifer and Mike came out to visit us. They wanted to have an "adults" weekend, so Ethan got to stay at Grandma's! The four of us went to King Buffet for supper, then we bought the movie "Wolverine" so we could watch that when we got home. Jason worked Saturday morning, so Jennifer and Mike went and explored Ames. They went to the farmer's market and walked downtown. They stopped at CyRide while Jason was working and got a tour of the addition. When the three of them got back, we had pulled pork for lunch. (Thank you so much for the recipe, Wanda!) I walked to the library and Jennifer and Mike came with. Jason decided he needed a nap since the rest of slept in. I also gave Jennifer and Mike a tour of Racing Chemistry, then we drove around town to show them the new buildings. They left Saturday night since they helped with church. We had a really great time with them and hope they can stay longer next time!
Sunday, I surprised Jason by taking him to the Science Center to see "Star Trek" in the IMAX. He was really happy. Of course I spent a good portion of the movie with my eyes closed. There was too much going on. We didn't stop to see anyone because we had to get back and finish our household chores. And we hadn't really done much of anything yet because we slept pretty late.
(Oh, and the Cyclones won! First away game won since October 2005. We're getting better!)
No comments:
Post a Comment