We went to the doctor again today. We needed to have another ultrasound since the baby didn't cooperate last time and the tech couldn't see all of the heart. The baby was sort of more cooperative in that we could see all of the heart, but decided to sleep the entire time, so we didn't really get to see much. The tech said the heart rate was 126, which is normal for a sleeping baby. She also said the baby was in a ball and that its head was resting on its calf. (Wouldn't be nice to be that flexible?) Everything looks good and the estimated weight of our baby is 1 pound and 7 ounces today. I have been feeling the baby move and kick. Unfortunately, Jason isn't able to yet. Hopefully in just a few more weeks. I do need to get some new maternity pants for work. The ones I have are starting to get a little snug around the waist.
We also had quite the snowstorm this week. ISU cancelled it after 5 classes on Tuesday and cancelled morning classes on Wednesday. It's not that it snowed that much (6 or 7 inches here), but it was so windy! We couldn't see the roads very well in town let alone on the highway. A lot of the out of town people I work with stayed in Ames Tuesday night, courtesy of ISU or friends. We've recovered nicely. I had Wednesday scheduled off so I spent the day at home working on my class. I got quite a bit done, but still have a lot to do. Jason had me reschedule Zara's vet appointment so I wouldn't drive anywhere. I'm sure Zara didn't mind at all since she was due for a booster shot. It was nice being home for the day. I also have the weekend off and will spend some time with Mom and Dad since they decided to come down and visit. I'm not sure what we're going to do yet, but I'm sure we'll all have a good time.
glad to hear/see that all is going well. :)
ReplyDelete