Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Frustration

If any one's noticed, I have not posted any pictures on Dropshots. Mainly because I haven't had time to go through the process, but also because I am in the midst of upgrading my computer from Vista to Windows 7. I thought I had it figured out, until I went to play World of Warcraft. The computer was laggy and choppy and none of preferences were left in the game. So Jason and I take a look at it and the computer is still using some of the Vista stuff. Odd, especially since I updated all of the programs it told me to. So yesterday I decide to uninstall all of the installed games I put on the computer and reinstall them, starting with World of Warcraft. (It does take the longest.) I get to the last installation disk, to 98% and it tells me that the installation failed because of a file it could not delete and could not rename. I try again. Same problem. At this point, I'm still trying to figure out Windows 7 and why it's still laggy. Why every time I start my computer it tells me it's switching to high performance mode, which is what it is supposed to start up with. I have not had time to determine if I like using Windows 7 or not. The only thing I've really tried to do is save or open files, and changed my background. My Office programs aren't any different (thank goodness!) and all of my web favorites are still there. Maybe while I'm laying around in pain this weekend, I'll be able to get things posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment