So I had my meeting with human resources today. I have been offered a position with food service. It is a 40 hour a week, 9 months a year position. I haven't had a chance to talk to the supervisor of Maple, (that's right, across the street from the food service I used to work at) so I don't know when for sure the 9 months is. I assume that it goes from mid-August to mid-May. They don't know when I'll be moved, but they were hoping sometime within the next two months. There are some other questions I have to talk about, but I did ask the human resources and union rep about taking a temporary job in racing chemistry during the summer since they hire people for their busy season. They said it could be arranged, as long as my new supervisor will allow it. I do get to keep my health insurance during the three months I'm off, so that was some good news. I will be able to transfer to a lab tech I position or apply for other posted positions, so I'm not without options.
Yes, I have started another blog. I have chosen to monetize it to try to bring in a little extra money. There is a link to the new blog on the side. This blog is not linked to the other one, the biggest reason being that I will not be putting pictures of family on the other site, but will continue to do so on this one. I haven't been putting labels on these posts because it makes it harder for people to find them. I don't want to jeopardize any one I love because some weirdo saw your picture on my blog. I don't plan on making this blog invitation only, but will if it comes to it. Besides, there are lots of pictures to share with friends and family! The best way to do it put 'em on the blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment