Saturday, March 13, 2010

Two Dollars

We had our tax appointment today. It went better than last year, but was still disheartening. We owe $2.00 for federal taxes. That's right, $2.00. And the great part is that if we were owed that much, we wouldn't get it, but we still have to pay. It just stinks. We are getting some money back from our state taxes, but it's already spent. We have decided that we need to replace our windows this year since the government will give some money back. And of course we're going to send in the window receipts to our local utility provider since they have an incentive program as well. We've decided to replace our windows because we need to. The incentives are just a nice bonus!

In other news, I have started applying for other positions. It's growing tiresome with the union and HR and now my lab mate that is getting bumped is suing the union for not representing her since she wasn't a card carrying member, and Iowa State because when she went to file her grievance, they told her it wasn't official since the union didn't present it. You can read more about it at And yes, the employee with less seniority than her is me. So I sort of made the paper. I do like my job, but it's hard dealing with all the stress of the bumping and the transition to a different job with a new to the job supervisor. (He's been here for a few years, but not as the department head.) Besides, I can always say "no" if I decide I want to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment